Beginners Online Course
This course covers the basic principles of Visual Merchandising, Window Dressing / Design and Mannequin Styling.
Students will apply these principles to research and design their own fashion window following a set project brief.
Classes are held in an online virtual classroom, using the online video conferencing program, Zoom– providing a live interactive experience between the student and tutor. Students and tutor can share screens to view presentations and feedback on student’s course work
Who is the target audience?
Retailers & Students
This Course is designed for those with no previous Visual Merchandising or Retail experience.
What will I learn
- Learn the key principles of Display product grouping.
- Understanding effective Visual Merchandising Techniques used in the industry.
- Effective handling and styling of Mannequins.
- Understanding the principles of Window Design and Dressing.
- Current trends in Window design, styling and dressing.
- Effective Styling Mannequins with the New Season Fashion Trends.
- Creating an effective in store promotional space linked to your window
Practical task of designing your own Window using a design medium of your choice. The Window project brief is set at the end of your first lesson, which can be completed over the first week and submitted on your second lesson.
£195.00 per person
Course Price Includes;
PDF files of all presentations and hand-outs used within the course will be sent to your email address.
VMC course certificate issued to all attendees upon completion of the course.
Online Courses can be booked on dates which work for you. Please check my website calendar to check my availability.
The course runs for a total of 6 hours, split between two 3 hour classes and usually held over a 2 week period.
Online – can be accessed anywhere in the world.
We just ask that you have access to a reliable internet connection and speakers or headphones for audio content.
Access to a webcam would also be beneficial.