Helpful Visual Merchandising Tips Post Covid 19
During this time of most retailers now starting to re-open I thought it would be useful to detail some key Visual Merchandising tips to assist retailers post Covid 19 ;
- Make an impact within your window displays to really welcome your customers back to your store ! Your window displays are one of your stores/ brands biggest advertising spaces – so create a scheme which reflects your brand image and will appeal to your customers.
- Ideas for window display installations could also follow trends for celebrating and conservation of our planet ! Great inspiration can be taken from brand’s like Selfridges with their ” Project Earth ” concept.
- Consider creating interaction within your window and use QR codes so that customers can interact with you virtually via their smart phones.
- Consider creating some type of entertainment within your queuing system , this could be by window displays or by interactive links on your store front.
- Colour trends describe using calming, peaceful and natural colours which will uplift our mood – I would recommend using these pastel shades and colours inspired by nature within your Visual Merchandising scheme to uplift your customers.
- I always recommend for retailers to have a hot-spot or promotional space at the front of their store, this is an area which usually reflects the same merchandise or scheme which is shown in the window. Due to social distancing you may need to reconsider adding additional hot spot areas throughout the store layout, so that customers can shop these more affectively.
- This also goes for your store layout – you will need to relook at your store layout plan to ensure social distancing is in place and that all areas are assessible for your customers.
- Clear and consistent signage throughout your store will assist you in creating more effective customer flow. Consider looking into floor talkers, which are floor vinyl’s / graphics, can really help with this.
- Finally as per the Garden Centre picture below consider all link selling possibilities – how can you combine products together to encourage more link selling ?
For further help with your Window Design/ Installation and Visual Merchandising please contact me ;
UK Mobile 44 7976 575847
Both online and practical Visual Merchandising Consultancy is available.
*All images copyright of VMC