Online Retailing Online Course
The trend for online retailing has never been so popular. This online course focuses on how we can apply the Visual Merchandising techniques and principles to online websites and web shops. How can we engage the customer with theatre and newness as well as driving sales opportunities online. Learn how to create an online shopping environment which creates shopping harmony for your customer as well as reflecting your brand and creating a strong brand presence.
Course attendees will apply these principles to redesign their home page on their website / web shop and plan a series of promotional events to create newness each month online following a set project brief.
These live, interactive classes are held in an online virtual classroom, using the online video conferencing program, Zoom. Zoom provides a live interactive experience between the student and tutor. Students and tutor can share screens to view presentations and feedback on student’s course work.
Who is the target audience?
Online Retailers, Independent and Start Up Retailers, Students
No previous Visual Merchandising experience required. This course will create confidence when applying the important Visual Merchandising principles to online websites, creating a strong brand presence on websites through to social media channels.
What will I learn
- What are the key Visual Merchandising principles and how can these be transferred online
- Your home page is like your store window – how to create theatre for the customer online
- The importance of product positioning on the page, maximise what your customer focuses on
- Effective link selling techniques and how can we apply these online
- How to create harmonious customer flow and shop ability within an online shop
- Creating a strong brand presence through effective VM techniques both on websites and all social media channels
- Using trend forecasting within websites to engage today’s modern customer
Practical task of designing /redesigning the home page on the website / web shop and plan a series of promotional events to create newness each month online following a set project brief. The project brief is set at the end of your first lesson, which can be completed over the first week and submitted on your second lesson.
£195.00 per person
Course Price Includes;
PDF files of all presentations and hand-outs used within the course will be sent to your email address.
VMC course certificate will be emailed to you as a pdf file upon completion of the online course.
Online Courses can be booked on dates which work for your schedule.
Please email me direct to check my availability on dates.
This course runs for a total of 6 hours, split between two 3-hour classes and usually held over a 2 week period.
Online – can be accessed anywhere in the world.
We just ask that you have access to a reliable internet connection and speakers or headphones for audio content.
Access to a webcam would also be beneficial.